The MRU Optima 7 and Optimax gas analyzers are among the most sophisticated tools available for checking biogas levels, emissions, and other parameters. Knowing how to properly take advantage of their many capabilities can greatly increase both efficiency and accuracy. Today, we are going to go over how to customize the desired parameter on your unit's display window.
- After powering on your device it will begin to auto-zero. You can allow this or skip the zeroing phase by pressing the ESC key for about 8 seconds or until the instrument beeps notifying you the pump has stopped. NOTE: If you skipped the auto zeroing process, a window will pop up. Press OK to acknowledge the instrument is not zeroed.
- The default 'Measurement Menu' will display with 'Biogas Measurement' being highlighted. Click OK. This will activate the pump. NOTE: If you skipped the zeroing process, a window may appear restating the instrument needs to zero. Press OK to acknowledge.
- Press F1 to deactivate the pump.
- On the Optima-7 click on the instrument button that denotes the image of
a folder. On the Optimax the image on the button will instead be three
- On the new menu screen, scroll to “Define Measuring Window” and click OK.
- Then, scroll down to a cell that is blank or to one that already has a parameter
you want to replace. The cells are displayed over three pages. Scrolling up or down beyond the end of the pages will move you to the different cells. Scrolling horizontally on a cell will allow you to select the parameter from a predefined menu. Scroll left or right until the desired parameter is displayed.
- Click on ESC to save the configuration. There will be no alert that the
new parameter was saved but you can check by simply going back into the
'Biogas Measurement' menu and checking.
Now you are ready to go.
A video tutorial for this process can be found HERE.